CANNABIS BUSINESS ACCELERATOR 2.0
- Helping grow cannabis retail in Massachusetts.
- Accelerating economic empowerment through access to industry experts.
- Educating a new generation of cannabis entrepreneurs
In my experience as an entrepreneur, truly nothing compares to hands-on expertise and general knowledge acquired through experience. The opportunity to essentially be mentored by the industry’s best is exciting and much appreciated. — Jody Mendoza, Team Green
PAYING IT FORWARD
We believe in leveling the playing field for disproportionately impacted communities and giving priority status to economic empowerment and social equity applicants, as well as women, minority and veteran-owned businesses. Sira and our partner network provide business mentoring, advisory services, and the ability to leverage our manufacturing, retail and wholesale distribution network to benefit empowerment businesses.
Purient Bedroom Cannabis
Purient is a bedroom lubricant created by Leah and Sieh Samura, a husband and wife team that was part of Sira’s Accelerator 1.0 cohort.
The Samura’s are the first Economic Empowerment candidates in MA to bring a product to market and profitability.
Purient is a Boston- based cannabis product formulations company committed to creating products focused on the health and well-being of individuals, couples, and communities.
Western Front — Retail
Dennis Benzan, besides being a lawyer, the former Vice Mayor of the City of Cambridge, the owner of Central Square’s La Fabrica, and an advocate for equity within the cannabis industry, is currently working to enter the cannabis retail space in the Greater Boston area.
Team Green — Retail
Jody Mendoza is an experienced entrepreneur with strong ties to Boston’s Lantinx community and the owner of Mojitos Lounge and Nightclub. She is developing her business plans to open an adult-use cannabis retail outlet in the Boston/ Greater Boston Area.
Mass Greenwoods — Retail
Eric Lawrence and Maya Gaul
Eric Lawrence and Maya Gaul are the President and Vice President of Mass Greenwoods, respectively. Mass Greenwoods is a sustainable, vertically integrated company that cultivates, manufacturers, and sells cannabis products.
How We Pay It Forward
- One-on-one meetings with Sira Natural’s senior leadership and consultants from the Harvard Business School’s Cannabis Club.
- Access to business start-up curriculum developed by Harvard Business School’s Cannabis Club.
- Access to Sira Naturals current employment opportunities.
- Access to Sira Accelerator and Sira Community Alumni.
- Access to Sira’s manufacturing and distribution networks.
- Structuring LLC’s
- Human Resources
- Letters of Intent
- Negotiating Leases
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Cannabis Regulatory Environment
Want to stay up to date with Sira.Community?
Start by signing up for our newsletter.
Get updates on community events, cannabis education and workforce development.